The NHPA is accepting entries for the 2011 Better Newspaper Contest. New this year: categories for social media storytelling and digital submissions for photos.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The contest year runs April 1, 2010, to March 31, 2011.
- All entries in each category must be submitted in a folder or large envelope marked with category name and number, daily or non-daily, and name of entrant. Each entry must have a label attached. (Download the labels here.)
- Membership dues must be paid to be eligible for this contest. Please complete the 2011 membership form and return it with the appropriate fee. Fees for membership and the contest may be combined in one check.
- Freelancers and correspondents are encouraged to join the New Hampshire Press Association. Individual membership is $25 and includes free entry into the freelancer categories of our contest.
- Before sending in your entry, please review this checklist. Entries that do not meet contest rules will not be judged. All entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, June 1.
Here’s a full set of the contest rules.
Winners will be notified prior to our annual conference and awards dinner in October. If you have questions about the contest, contact George Geers, NH Press executive director, at 226-1020 / 785-4811 / email@example.com.